On Wednesday, September 27th, 2006 from 6-9 p.m. the New York Audubon Society will be holding its annual Fall Roost Benefit at the Boathouse in Central Park. I went last year, had a wonderful time and will be attending again this year. If you live or work in New York City, you should consider attending. Tickets start at $200.
I'm donating two items to the silent auction: a framed print of the image used for this blog's masthead and a limited edition signed folio of my Trump Parc Red-tailed Hawk photographs.
The framed, signed print is number four of a ten copy edition. The print measures 17" by 8 1/2" and the frame is 24" by 16". The subjects of the photograph are the two forty-two day old, Trump Parc eyasses and their view of Central Park and the Upper West Side.
A copy of my signed, limited edition (50 copies), 11" by 8", 64 page, folio of Trump Parc Red-tailed Hawk photographs will also be an item at the auction. This folio documents the parents and their two eyasses over a hundred day period. To my knowledge it is the only printed photo documentary of the Central Park South nest. Section include:
- detailed photographs of the hawks nesting location and the surrounding Central Park South perches
- the two eyasses on their nest with the spectacular New York skyline behind them
- the days just after fledging as the two young fledglings discovered the buildings on Central Park South and 58th Street
- their early days in Central Park
- and how the fledglings matured and began to explore larger regions of the park and hunt on their own
The folio can be previewed as a PDF at my website.
If you attend the auction, please consider bidding on these two items. I've donated the two items, so 100% of your winning bid will go directly to support NYC Audubon’s on-going conservation and education programs in the five boroughs.
For full details of about the event and how to purchase tickets, go to the New York City Audubon website.